The Red Note Youth Orchestra is dedicated to the artistic development of a new Generation of musicians, while building audiences to support them. Participants receive training in music, while having wonderful opportunities to enhance musical growth, study new works, develop leadership skills, and perform some of the finest repertoire available with excellence. All applicants are accepted, regardless of musical ability, and without regard to gender, race, religion, disability, or income. Audition are used solely for seating and placement in ensembles.
Programs offered by the Red Note Youth Orchestra are designed to be supplemental to school music programs. Our orchestra members participate in their school music programs whenever they are offered, and are encouraged to take advantage of a wide range of school music activities. It is important that parents and children understand the time commitment involved when participating in the Red Note Youth Orchestra. A detailed outline of expectations are listed within the PDF forms provided.
All prospective musicians are required to complete and mail an application for each concert season. A non-refundable $50 application fee is required to process your application.
No child, regardless of age and/or ability level, is denied participation in the Red Note Youth Orchestra or access to its educational resources.
Auditions allow the staff and artistic director determine appropriate seating and ensemble for participation. If your child is a beginner, No audition video is required. Simply state ‘Beginner’ on the application and note the instrument your child would like to play. All children who are returning to the Red Note Youth Orchestra, must submit an audition video. An application and non-refundable deposit must be received in our business office before we will review any electronic video.
(1) Completed Application and Deposit to the Business Office.
(2) One piece demonstrating your best skills. Students interesting in serving as the section chair leader or in our touring ensemble are encouraged to submit two (2) Short, Contrasting Pieces (Or Movements), preferably from the list below;
(3) Two (2) One-Octave Scales. A student is invited to challenge him/herself by submitting 2-octave scales.
(4) YouTube video submission. See Audition guidelines and Repertoire below for submission guidelines;
(5) Deadline for Submission is 11:59 P.M. on September 3rd, 2017 for late registration. Students may be admitted until October 1, 2017 and students will be accepted again midyear in January 2018.
If you still have questions regarding the audition process for musicians, please feel free to use our contact form and someone will be in touch to answer your questions and help guide you through the audition process.